Sunday 4 November 2012

Nanas like you are a precious few

I can't express how much my Nana means to me. Growing up my parents separated when I was three and my Nana (my dad's mum) was a rock. She has always supported me and been there for me. Every Saturday my dad would pick me up and I used to enjoy going round to her house on a Saturday morning for peanut butter and butter on toast with a cup of very weak tea before my dad took me swimming or out for the day to the likes of Tatton Park.
She is the only grandparent I have really known. My Granddad (my mums dad) lived in Northern Ireland and unfortunately passed away while I was in my teens. My Nana's husband died before I was born and I have never met or will meet my mums mum, it's a long story. My Nana is the next closest thing to me after my fiancé and my parents. I don't know what I would do without her.
Living away I don't get to see her every Saturday like I used to. She is only ever a phone call away but the art of sending a letter is not one to be missed. This Sunday I am sending her a letter to update her on the exciting things happening and to also send her a little something to remind her how dear she is to me. I gave her one of these gifts when I was a child, unfortunately her house suffered from a burst water main and things where ruined. She expressed how she missed losing this so I decided to send her another.


The verse reads:

This is a very special gift
That you can never see
The reason it's so special
It's just to you from me

Whenever you are lonely
Or even feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And you know I think of you

You can never unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with love inside


Card made by Gilli Reeves www.adornmentuk.com

Send your Nana or grandparent a card today. Let them know how much they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment