Thursday 11 April 2013

If you down to the woods today...

...You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down to the woods today
You'd better go in disguise!

For ev'ry bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain,
Because today's the day the
Teddy Bears have their picnic.

My 3rd birthday was a teddy bears picnic and is one of my earliest memories, possibly because it was documented so wonderfully.
The cake was homemade by my mum and she even considered the smallest detail of jam on the sandwiches and honey pots!
My 3rd Birthday Party

Teddy Bears Picnic Cake

Wishing for some sun and planning ahead for summer (which rumor has it will be this weekend!) and what a perfect way to start it off than a picnic. I found a lovely wicker picnic basket, so lovely me and the girls at work clubbed together for a colleagues birthday! The fun bit filling it and using it!
Picnic Basket - Wilkinson's
Felt Teddy Bears in Picnic Basket - made by @GlitteredPink
 This got me thinking and inspired I make a small felt teddy bear...and a couple of friends!

Felt Teddy Bear - made by @GlitteredPink
Teddy Bears Picnic - made by @Glittered Pink

I loved my teddy a growing up and to this day I've not parted with them. A teddy bear is to be treasured for life and whether it is just one or in my case two (Snowy and Edward) and Bonnie the rabbit they are part of us. I've still got my parents too, the hope of passing them down from generation to generation. And don't just think its a girl thing, guys do it too!

Me and Bonnie meeting for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment