Tuesday 2 April 2013

Butterflies and Rainbows

As a child I was obsessed with butterflies and rainbows. My mum has told me how I went through a phase as a child where any drawing or painting would always have a rainbow in the background and/or a butterfly flying past. It didn't stop there - face painting was a trend too!
Me & Dad - butterfly face painting
Times probably haven't changed much from then to be honest. There is something magical about a rainbow, how it is formed and appears for that split moment in time. And as for butterflies what's not to love! Such a delicate and pretty insect. Their whole formation fascinates me. I remember at school collecting caterpillars in jam jars and watching them as they grow - living the story of the hungry caterpillar!

I set about making my own magical butterfly, mines not as intricate and beautiful as the real things but I love it all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment