Saturday 28 December 2013

Back to basics - salt-dough Christmas decorations - step 2

In my previous post I detail the basics for making salt-dough decorations with 3 simple ingredients which every one has at home - salt, flour and water. Now for the fun bit...decorating! 

Step 2 - decorate

- Paint or not to paint? That is the question!
For this batch I went for paint. As soon as I had painted a couple I was hooked. 
Using paint which I've had since I was a child I turned this basic bakes into cute, festive ornaments ready to be displayed pride of place on the tree this Christmas! 

- Don't paint both sides at once as you will only end up trying to peel them off whatever surface you have left them to dry. Instead do them in batches, allowing them to dry each side to dry. 

- For finishing touches add glitter, sequins - whatever you fancy. 

- Finally thread ribbon through the hole so your decorations can hang on the tree.

What will you do with your salt dough decorations? Give them as a gift this Christmas or have them as part of your wrapping decoration - the perfect homemade finishing touch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment